Monday, March 14, 2011

MAC Peacocky range


M.A.C Peacocky Collection has kinda been and gone (at the moment here in Australia, the Wonder Woman collection is the latest one)

But i just wanted to share with you some pics on what the Peacocky collection offered!


First of all i LOVE this pic by MAC.....it really portrays a Peacock with almost a military look about it!! Very modern!!!!






This collection offered an array of Mega Metal Eyeshadows




as well as Kissable Lipcolour glosses




This range was very popular here in Australia....and the display units and imagery used were very enticing!!



this range came out before i started working for MAC, so i only purchased 2 items from the range because i LOVED the colours....they are just beautiful


these 2 colours are Noir Plum (purple), and Odalisque (green/blue...teal colour)

i love these metal eyeshadows as they are really pigmented and glide on soo easily!! i always get compliemts when i do a smokey eye look with them!



if you would like to watch a makeup tutorial based on the Peacocky range then go to
and watch Marlena, she is one of my favourite youtube gurus...very talented!




I have learnt so much from Marlena, i think she is pretty awesome!! :)
check her out


just on another note...something else i purchased form MAC around the same time is;

217 brush
Fix plus spray

i dont have any MAC brushes even though everyone tells me they are the best in the business, i never actually had any for myself! In the past i had used brushes i got from doing my makeup course and also some sigma brushes...both of these have got me by for a while and i do think that Sigma brushes are good, (i have done a review of them in a past blog post)......but i had always wanted to invest in some really good MAC brushes as makeup artists swear by them!

so i purchased the 217 blending brush....and i have to say "WOW"

this is the best blending brush EVER!!! wish i got one years ago....its just amazing!
a tip that one of my new MAC co-workers gave me on my trial was that the softer you hold the brush and apply...the better your eyeshadow will blend! it def helps!

now...Fix Plus Spray....



this is how the website describes it



An aqua-spritz of vitamin and minerals, infused with a calm-the-skin blend of green tea, chamomile, cucumber, topped off with the fresh, natural, energizing scent of Sugi. Adds radiance, finishes makeup. Spray it on. Skin drinks it up!

I was a bit skeptical on what it would be like....but i also am now a big fan of Fix+ spray

as i use an oil free foundation, sometimes it can look very matte and almost powdery looking, whereas i want my skin to look dewy...also after i have applied all my makeup i spritz some fix+ onto my face...at first my skin looks wet and greasy, but then it soaks into my skin (my skin loves it) and im left with makeup that looks dewy and nice!! another tip is you can leave it in the fridge so that on hot days when you apply it, it acts a refresher on the skin!
you can use it anytime...doesnt have to just be after makeup...it can be before or even on makeup free days just to hydrate your skin!!

BIG FAN :)

hope you enjoyed :)
Love always
HollieDee
xxx

my fast interpretation of a peacock









just a bit of fun
xx




No comments:

Post a Comment